Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tracy's anguish

Tracy Grimshaw's life was changed forever by the Beaconsfield mine disaster.



It was particularly difficult when:

- Tracy became so dehydrated she had to drink her own urine

- Tracy's claustrophobia got so bad that she couldn't stop humming Martika's 1989 hit single 'I Feel the Earth Move' over and over and over again

- Tracy's life flashed before her eyes and she had to revisit particularly traumatic episodes of Today

- Tracy suffered the indignity of having to defecate into her own safety helmet

- Forced to face her own mortality, Tracy deeply regretted skipping channel nine staff meetings to go roo shooting

- Tracy became so weak with hunger she considered hacking off and eating Eddie Mcguire's limbs.

Poor lass. No wonder her life has been changed forever.






Although objectively I understand the temptation to wring every last human-interest drop out of the Beaconsfield mine accident, is the hyperbolic headline not a tad insulting to the family of Larry Knight?

Unless Tracy Grimshaw was so moved by the plight of the miners and their families that she has decided to devote the rest her working life to the investigation of workplace health and safety inequities then she should BUGGER OFF and find some other way to self-promote.




8 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Jellyfish said...

Sensational Snaz. I have been giving that magazine cover daggery looks every time I see it.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger ms fits said...

My heart bleeds for her. One can but imagine the torment she experienced locked away in that dark shaft for two agonising weeks.






Heh. I said 'shaft'.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger canoe said...

I'm glad to see the harsh conditions she endured didn't undo all the money she's spent on her face recently.

Now that would be a tragedy.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger mindlessmunkey said...

Beautiful post, Snazzie - but one thing from the Pedants'-Gallery... I believe that is, in fact, Tracy Grimshaw, and not Tracy Curro.

Although they are virtually interchangable.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger snaz said...

*blushes*

Thanks, Munkey. Changed it.

All of those insincere faux-journo types blur into one for me.

Plus, Canoe is right - with all the surgery they all look vaguely the same anyway.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger audrey said...

I'm more struck by the smaller headline on the right:

KNIT HARRY KEWELL'S JUMPER

If this is not the most delightful magazine header I have seen for a long time, I don't know what is. Ey oop for all the knitting fiends out there...DO IT FOR AUSTRALIA.*

*I am totally against organized physical activity of any kind.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jellyfish said...

UPDATE THIS BLOG IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL EAT ALL THE CRACKERS IN THE HOUSE.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger audrey said...

I second Jellyfish. I will make her send ME all the subsequent replacement crackers in the house and I will eat them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home